Did you ever think of tasty and healthy Italian recipes as a smart way to begin your weight loss adventure?
Indeed, a number of weight loss programs and diets do exist.
Unfortunately, many who attempt them usually experience almost no meaningful progress.
By far the most common reason underlying this is the lack of consistency in the efforts due to the difficulty in giving up tasty and delicious foods.
You are not alone in this, we are also aware of this very fact.
The solution to this problem?
Lies in weight loss-friendly and healthy Italian recipes.
Our discussions below endeavor to explain to you perhaps 16 of the best recipes you may consider trying.
WEIGHT LOSS FRIENDLY & HEALTHY ITALIAN RECIPES
#1: Hungry? Why Wait? Grab a Yummy Caprese Salad
Also called Italian salad, Caprese salad is a simple salad which is prepared from sliced fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and the sweet basil.
It is seasoned using salt and cooked in olive oil.
To serve, it is arranged neatly on a plate and often comes in the colors of the Italian flag i.e. green, white, and red. A yummy Italian salad recipe!
|• 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes|
• 8 ounces (250g) baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
• 2 tablespoons basil pesto
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
|• 1/4 cup olive oil|
• Salt and pepper
• 2 ripe avocados
• 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
• Place some tomatoes, pepper, salt, olive oil, garlic, pesto, and mozzarella balls in a salad bowl.
• Mix the ingredients well to bring about some uniform outcomes
• Toss in some basil leaves and avocadoes to the ingredients which are in the bowl
• Drizzle some balsamic glaze
• Taste for flavor and add further salt or pepper if the need so desires
• Serve immediately (while hot).
#2: Super Starter Salad Is Almost Here
This is a special kind of Italian salad recipe.
It is on the whole fresh and filled with some crisp lettuce.
Further to that, the recipe contains:
- ripe juicy tomatoes
- zesty pepperoncini.
|• 12 cherry tomatoes|
• 1 cucumber
• 1 onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 basil sprigs
|• 30 grams of Parmesan|
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
• ½ Baguette bread
• Salt and pepper
• Wash the vegetables.
• Cut the cucumber into some small round shapes and the cherry tomatoes in halves
• Peel and slice the onions as well
• Skin the garlic cloves and then cut them in half.
• Wash, dry, and chop your basils.
• Slice the baguette bread in half lengthwise and thereafter
• Use some garlic cloves to rub the bread
• Shred the bread into small cubes
• Shave some parmesan.
• Empty all the ingredients in a bowl of salad.
• Store the ingredients in the fridge.
• Drizzle some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pepper, salt, and mix gently.
• Serve while hot.
#3: Nothing Is Faster And Healthier Than Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil!
This is an “antipasto” (starter) from Italy.
In its basic scope and form, it comprises grilled bread on which is rubbed some garlic.
Finally, the ingredient is topped using olive oil and salt.
Some variations do exist and may incorporate cheese, cured meat, beans, vegetables, and tomato.
|• 6 or 7 ripe tomatoes|
• 2 minced cloves garlic
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 6-8 thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil leaves
|• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt|
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 baguette French bread or Italian bread
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
• Blanch the tomatoes and thereafter peel them
• Pre-heat your ovens to a temperature of about 450°F (230°C)
• Chop the tomatoes and toss them in pepper, salt, basil, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic
• Stir the ingredients lightly yet comprehensively
• Toast the baguette slices using a bread knife
• Place those slices in the oven at the top rack. Thereafter, toast them for some 5 to 6 minutes until the colors of their edges are light brown
• Serve the toasted bread with the tomato mixture
#4: Eat Differently, Eat Polenta!
Polenta is basically a dish of boiled cornmeal.
It is served in diverse ways; among this porridge or dry bread.
Its preparation is similarly diverse.
It may be grilled, fried, or baked to achieve the designated end results.
|• 4 cups of water|
• 1 teaspoon fine salt
• 1 cup polenta
|• 3 tablespoons butter|
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• Pour water in a large saucepan and apply some salt in it
• Introduce the polenta steadily into boiling water
• Whisk the mixture from time to time until all the polenta is completely stirred and that there are no lumps.
• Reduce heat to low and then simmer
• Whisk the mixture for about 5 minutes until all the polenta begins to thicken
• Cover and cook for around 30 minutes
• Whisk the mixture after every 5 to 6 minutes.
• Turn off the heat and stir 2 tablespoons of butter gently into the polenta
• Mix 1/2 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into the polenta
• Cover and let it stand for around 5 minutes to allow to thicken
• Stir and taste for salt and other ingredients
• Transfer in a serving bowl
#5: A Glass of Wine Takes Your Meal To The Next Level!
Italian wines have been noted world over to be healthy, nutritious and glad to take indeed.
As part of your weight loss program, you might also want to incorporate some of it in your diet.
The recipe below endeavors to find out how to make some homemade Italian wine.
Ingredients and Tools Required
|• Wine grapes|
• Granulated sugar
• Filtered water
• Wine yeast
• Primary fermentation vat (1 4-gallon food-grade-quality plastic bucket)
• Secondary fermentation container (3 1-gallon glass jugs)
• Fermentation traps (3 airlocks)
• A rubber cork
• Large straining bag
• 6 feet clear half-inch plastic tubing
• 20 wine bottles
• 9-size pre-sanitized corks
• Hand corker
• Sterilize your equipment
• Select your grapes
• Wash the grapes thoroughly.
• Remove their stems.
• Crush the grapes to give off the juice into the fermentation container.
• Add some wine yeast.
• Insert the hydrometer into the juice. A reading below 1.010 implies the need for more sugar
• Strain the liquid gently to get rid of sediments and froth.
• Seal the containers with airlocks.
• Leave to ferment for some weeks
• Siphon the wine off the sediments from time to time. (The entire process takes 2-3 months)
• Insert the corks.
• Preserve the wine upright for some three days
#6: Discover The Cioppino Difference!
Cioppino is an Italian-American dish that is related to a couple of regional fishsoups and stews typical of Italian cuisines.
The recipe is devoid of excess fat and contains plenty of proteins.
Its intake also facilitates the burning of fat, and with it, excess weight loss.
|• 3 tablespoons olive oil|
• 1 large thinly-sliced fennel bulb
• 1 chopped onion
• 3 large shallots
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 4 large garlic cloves
• 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/4 cup tomato paste
|• 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice|
• 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
• 5 cups fish stock
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 lb. manila clams
• 1 lb. mussels
• 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp
• 1 1/2 lbs. assorted firm-fleshed fish fillets
• Heat the oil in a large pot and over moderate heat
• Introduce the fennels, shallots, onions, and salt
• Sauté the mixture for around 10 minutes until the onion has attained some translucent colors
• Add some garlic and 3/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
• Sauté the mixture yet again for two minutes.
• Stir in tomato paste.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low.
• Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the flavors are fully blended
• Introduce the mussels and clams to the cooking liquid.
• Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to open
• Mix the shrimp and fish.
• Simmer gently until they just cooked through
• Season the soup by adding extra salt and red pepper flakes.
• Serve in bowls and plates
#7: Have You Forgotten How Good Marinated Grilled Calamari Tasted?
Calamari is also invariably called squid.
It is seafood which is rich in essential oils, minerals and of course proteins.
Its intake slows the craving for excess calories which subsequently leads to weight loss.
The calamari recipe is great…
One of the best healthy Italian recipes!
|• 2 pounds cleaned calamari (squid)|
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 1/2 teaspoons red Chile flakes
• 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
|• 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil|
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of sea salt
• 1/2 loaf crusty bread
• Mix 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/3 cup oil, parsley, Chile flakes, garlic, and calamari in a bowl.
• Chill and stir regularly for 1-5 hours
• Pour marinade and calamari into a colander over a bowl.
• Brush the marinade over some cut sides of the bread
• Grill the bread on each side over 450°-550° high heat
• Do so until grill marks begin to pop up typically after 3-5 minutes
• Cut into slices.
• Grill the calamari tubes. As you do so, turn them once until they are firm for around 3 minutes
• Drop the clump tentacles atop the grill using tongs
• Once they are firm, spread them out to allow for even cooking
• Place the calamari in a dish
• Drizzle in the remaining oil, salt, and lemon juice
• Serve with bread.
#8: Savour The Fantastic Flavour Of Shrimp Pomodoro!
“Pomodoro” is the Italian word for tomatoes.
Shrimp Pomodoro is basically a dish which comprises shrimp and some tomatoes.
It is mostly served with some Parmesan bread and is truly great to the taste.
It also aids in shedding off excess weight by revitalizing your metabolism.
|• 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese|
• 2 garlic cloves
• ¼ ounce Basil
• 1 mini Baguette
• 2 Roma Tomatoes
|• 8 ounces shrimp|
• 5 ounces Linguine
• 1 tablespoon of dried Oregano
• 1-ounce butter
Step I: Prepare the Ingredients
• Cut the baguette into two
• Mince garlic.
• Core your tomatoes and cut them into ½” dice.
• Stem and chop the basil coarsely
• Pat your shrimp dry after which you ought to place it in a mixing bowl.
• Season with Parmesan and ¼ tablespoon pepper.
• Toss the baguette to coat
Step II: Make the Garlic Bread
• Place the two baguette halves on a prepared baking sheet.
• Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• Top with the remaining Parmesan and half the garlic
• Bake the ingredients for 7-10 minutes in some hot oven until the bread is light golden-brown
Step III: Boil the Pasta
• Put the pasta in some boiling water
• Cook for 7-10 minutes until al dente
• Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water.
• Drain the pasta in a colander
• Rinse briefly to avoid sticking the pasta
• Set it aside.
Step IV: Cook the Shrimp
• Place the shrimp in a medium non-stick pan
• Put the pan over medium-high heat.
• Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and shrimp to the hot pan.
• Cook the ingredients until totally browned (This requires 145° and takes 30-60 seconds)
• Transfer the shrimp onto a plate.
Step V: Make the Pomodoro Sauce
• Return pan used to cook shrimp to medium-high heat.
• Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, oregano, and the remaining garlic to a hot pan.
• Stir constantly for about 30 seconds until an aromatic taste arises
• Add some reserved pasta water
• Bring to a boil
• Stir for 2-4 minutes until slightly thickened
• Add some tomatoes and return them to a boil
• Remove the pan from the burner and stir in butter and basil
• Toss in some shrimp and pasta together with the sauce.
• Season the ingredients with a pinch of pepper and salt.
• Garnish with basil.
Below you will find more great Italian pasta recipes… Keep reading!
#9: Make Your Diet A “Happy Diet” With Mussels in White Wine and Garlic
If you are a fan of seafood, we yet again challenge you to try out the mussels.
These mollusks are great sources of proteins and minerals.
That they are dipped in wine further enhance their nutritive values as well as the sum total benefits you might accrue from them.
|• 4 (32 ounces) cups dry white wine|
• 8 large shallots
• Finely chopped (or 1/2 onion)
• 4 garlic cloves
|• 1/2 teaspoon salt|
• 4 pounds Maine mussels
• 1/3 cup chopped parsley
• 6 tablespoons butter
• Rinse and then scrub the mussels under some cold running water
• Remove beards using your fingers and discard shells
• Melt some butter and simmer the onions (or shallots) for some 2-3 minutes
• Turn heat to high
• Add some wine, garlic, shallots, and salt.
• Introduce the mussels and cook for about 5 minutes or until such a time that the mussels open.
• Stir in the herbs and extra butter if you consider it necessary.
• Remove from the heat.
• Serve immediately.
#10: Chicken Cacciatore, You’ll Love it!
Chicken Cacciatore in Italian is a chicken stew that is prepared in a ‘hunter-style.’
Alternatively, the preparation of the dish may make do with some braised rabbit in the stead of chicken.
It also requires plenty of condiments.
|• 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)|
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 large onion
• 2 celery ribs
• 1 large green pepper
• 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes
|• 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce|
• 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
• 1 cup dry red wine or water
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• Hot cooked pasta
• Grated Parmesan cheese
• Dust your chicken with some flour
• Season it with pepper and salt.
• Dip the chicken in a large skillet
• Proceed to brown chicken on all its sides in oil and butter
• Place the pot over medium-high heat.
• Remove the chicken to platter.
• In the same skillet, place and stir the mushrooms, pepper, celery, and onions for 5 minutes.
• Stir in some sugar, garlic, herbs, herbs, wine, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and tomatoes.
• Bring to boil.
• Lower the heat; cover the pot and thereafter simmer for 30 minutes.
• Return your chicken to the skillet.
• Cover and simmer yet again for 45-60 minutes or until such a time that the chicken is tender.
• Serve over pasta
• Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
#11: For A Fresh Change Try Pasta Primavera!
Pasta Primavera simply means pasta and fresh vegetables.
Indeed, this meal comprises some delicious and healthy blend of these two vital ingredients.
It is subsequently full of crunchy vegetables and tender pasta.
This is one of the most delicious and healthy Italian recipes for hot spring and summer days… Recommended!
|• Penne pasta|
• Olive oil
• Fresh vegetables like garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, broccoli, carrot, and red onion.
|• 2 tablespoons of dried Italian seasoning|
• 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
• 1/2 cup shredded parmigiana
• Boil some salty water in a large pot
• Cook some penne pasta in the salted water
• Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over some medium-high heat.
• Introduce carrots and red onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
• Add bell pepper and broccoli then sauté for 2 minutes.
• Mix zucchini and squash then sauté 2-3 minutes or until those greens have softened.
• Sprinkle in some Italian seasoning, tomatoes, and garlic then sauté 2 minutes longer.
• Pour the greens into pasta pot or serving bowl
• Add drained pasta
• Drizzle in some lemon juice
• Season with a little more salt as may be necessary
• Toss while adding in pasta water to in order to loosen as needful
• Throw in parsley and 1/4 cup parmesan then serve with parmesan on top
#12: Nobody Doesn’t Like Pasta with Red Sauce!
This simple meal basically comprises some pasta and sauce topping.
• 1 28-ounce can tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/3 red onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt
• Freshly-ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
• 1 pound penne or spaghetti
• Use a food processor to puree the tomatoes into a smooth yet creamy consistency
• Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat
• Add some onions when hot and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft.
• Introduce some garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color begins to change.
• Add some red pepper flakes to make the sauce spicy.
• Introduce tomatoes and thereafter season to taste using salt and pepper
• Reduce the heat to medium-low
• Simmer for around 30 minutes.
• Add the basil
• Remove from the heat.
• Toss with just-cooked pasta.
#13: You Wouldn’t Want To Miss The Yummy Pasta with Clam Sauce!
Even though clams may be eaten on their own right, they too might be used to make some sauce.
This may be taken with other main dishes like the pasta in this case.
The discussions below endeavor to shed more light on this dish.
This is one of the most delicious and healthy Italian recipes… Recommended!
|• 1/2 cup olive oil|
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
|• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil|
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 (6.5 oz.) cans minced juicy clams
• 1 lb. spaghetti
• 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
• Cook the pasta as per the directions contained on the packaging
• Use a small saucepan to brown some garlic in the olive oil over moderate heat
• Stir in some butter or margarine and a couple of condiments
• Introduce the clams alongside their liquid
• Heat through
• Drain the pasta.
• Toss spaghetti with clam sauce
• Finish off by topping with grated Romano cheese
#14: It’s Time To Think About A Succulent Spaghetti with Pesto!
We recommend you this fantastic dish originating in Liguria’s port city Genova.
You won’t need too many time to cook this spaghetti with pesto: 20 minutes at all.
|• 250 Gram Spaghetti|
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 sprig mint leaves
• 2 Cherry tomatoes
• 1 Garlic clove
For the Pesto Sauce:
• 2 cups Basil
• Add all the ingredients above in a blender
• Mix until you achieve a semi-fine paste
• Prepare the Pasta
• Add garlic clove and oil in a pan
• Mix some cherry tomatoes.
• Eliminate the whole garlic clove.
• Stir in some pesto sauce.
• Cook for 1 minute.
• Put in the boiled spaghetti.
• Garnish with a mint sprig
• Serve hot.
#15: For The Lover Of Fish: Italian Pan-fried Fresh Fish!
Italian pan-fried fish is an easy, simple and delicious healthy fish recipe.
To make it, you will need to utilize four ingredients and serve preferably with rice or bread.
What are you waiting to cook this one?
It’s one of the best Italian fish recipes…
|• 1 lb. perch pieces of fresh fish e.g. halibut or codfish|
• Pinch of salt
|• 2 tablespoons olive oil|
• 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
• 1 small lemon
• Place the fish slices on a plate
• Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper
• Warm the olive oil on medium-high heat in a medium-large skillet
• Add fish
• Sprinkle the other side of the fish with a pinch of salt
• Top with lemon slices and chopped parsley
• Cook for 5 minutes
• Flip over and cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes or until such a time that the fish is cooked
• Remove from pan
• Serve immediately
#16: Now You Are Ready For A Delicious Sorbet!
Sorbet is a frozen dessert.
It is derived from sweetened water which is in turned flavored.
The main sources of flavoring are
- fruit puree
- fruit juice
- wine, or liqueur
This is one of the most delicious and healthy Italian recipes.
|• 2 lbs. of fresh fruit|
• 1 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
• Chef’s knife or paring knife
• Cutting board
• Small saucepan
• Measuring cups and spoons
|• Mixing bowl|
• Mixing spoons
• Food processor
• Fine-mesh strainer
• Large egg
• Ice cream machine
• Pint containers
Step I: Freeze the ice cream base
• Place the ice cream base in the freezer
• Allow staying there for 24 hours before proceeding
Step II: Prepare the fruit
• Wash and dry the fruit you intend to use
• Cut away or get rid of any non-edible parts of the fruit
• Slice the fruit into some bite-sized pieces.
Step III: Prepare the simple syrup
• Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan
• Simmer over moderate-high heat
• Stir gently once or twice
• Simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves completely
• Remove from heat and leave to cool.
Step IV: Combine and blend the fruit and the syrup
• Combine the fruit with the 1/2 cup of the cooled simple syrup in suitable a food processor
• Mix the fruit and the syrup until all the fruit is fully liquefied
Step V: Strain the juice
• Strain the fibrous fruits through a fine-mesh strainer to rid it of the solids.
• Stir the end results gently using a spoon
• Do not force the solids through the trainer
Step VI: Chill the base
• Cover the sorbet base
• Refrigerate until very cold,
• Leave it unattended for at least an hour or overnight.
Step VII: Churn and freeze the sorbet
• Pour the chilled base into the ice cream machine
• Churn the mixture until the resultant viscosity is consistent with that of a thick smoothie
• Pour this sorbet to some pint container or any other freezable containers
• Cover tightly
• Freeze for no less than least 4 hours or until the sorbet is fully hardened.
• Serve the sorbet
#17: Sicilian Rolls- One of the Most Famous & Healthy Italian Recipes!
Sicilian rolls the tasty skewers of meat: in Palermo, they are called “Spitini” of meat, they are meat rolls (generally veal).
They are stuffed with a rich and tasty breading, cooking can be oven or grilled / embers.
It’s easier to use the oven.
They are delicious and one of the quickest healthy Italian recipes to prepare.
Ingredients for 6 skewers
- 6 slices of veal (to be cut into 3 parts)
- 60 gr of cacio ragusano (or other aged cheese)
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- 20 gr of pine nuts
- 20 grams of raisins (“passoline”)
- 100 gr of grated bread
- Bay leaves
- Salt, Pepper and Oil
Put the sultanas in a container with water to soften them.
Prepare the breading that will be the stuffing of the rolls: toast the grated bread in the pan for 1 minute and keep aside.
In a pan, we put 2 tablespoons of oil and half a white onion cut into cubes, let it fry until golden brown.
Put the toasted breadcrumbs, browned onion, pine nuts, softened and squeezed sultanas, grated Ragusan cheese (or other aged cheese), parsley, salt, pepper and plenty of oil in a container.
Mix everything. The consistency must be moist (which can be compacted easily).
Beat the slices of meat to make them thinner, and we cut them into 3 triangles.
Make the slices with breading and close them with roulades.
Roll the rolls with a stick for skewers previously soaked in water, for each skewer we put 3 rolls.
Spread the rolls with a bay leaf and a sheet of red onion.
Proceed like this until you run out of ingredients.
Oil the skewers and then pass them in the breadcrumbs (the same as the filling or simple)
Put in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Conclusions About Healthy Italian Recipes
Our guidance ends there.
It is now up to you to determine which recipe you deem relevant and potentially effective for your weight loss program.
While at it, consider your budget, cooking expertise, and resource endowment.
To help others enjoy the same benefits, share the information about these healthy Italian recipes far and wide…